doggy

Μεταχειρισμένο Polo

Feel free to tell us about yourselves!

Feel free to tell us about yourselves!

OK! I've been driving VAG cars since 2000, starting with an 8v Mk2 Golf Gti (Oak Green), then a 16v Mk2 Golf Gti (Atlas Grey), now a Polo 6n2 1.4 16v (101hp version) in dark blue.

I'm an Englishman, I've been living in Athens (Agia Paraskevi) for nearly three years, ta ellinika mou einai mia xara, alla diabazw polu arga! So I'll be posting mostly in English.

I only have two questions right now, and I'll probably post them in the appropriate section anyway...

1) Can we get Borbet wheels over here? I'm after a set of Borbet 'T' wheels in 16x8...

2) I'm looking for a pair of rear clusters (pisw fanaria), the original ones for a 16v 6n2 (all red). I'd even be willing to swap for a pair of Hella LED white/clear clusters, with no exchange of money! Just a straight swap!

So, finally, hello everyone!! Xronia polla, kalh xronia!! :D

welcome friend !you didn t told us your name

hope to see you soon in our meetings

Euxaristw!

Legomai Jonathan (Fox, that's why 'Foxy').

Skeftomai na'rthw sthn elefsina, alla den eimai sigouros...

Welcome Jonathan. I wish you a pleasant surfing in our forum.

Don't you dare, not to come @Iris Cafe.

That's an order! tongue.gif:D :D

Yeap, it's an order for you to come on IRIS CAFE tongue.gif ! Welcome dude, have a pleasant surfing!

Edited by PoLaKiaS

Thanks for the welcome guys...I will come to iris cafe, will bring my kouklitsa as well...and maybe a friend who has terrible taste in cars...perhaps we can convert him to VAG?

I'll tell you all a bit about my car(s)...

I still have the 16v Golf 2 GTi (it's for sale) in metallic (Atlas) grey, it's lowered 70mm front and 50mm rear on Bilstein/H&R shocks and race matched springs, has a remus stainless steel system (oval backbox), M3 style (white top red bottom) rear lights, crystal clear front lights with xenon style bulbs. 15" wheels, original GTi bodykit (skirts, side strips, arches, etc) and a debadged rear. Inside, a momo steering wheel and a golf ball gear knob. The engine was rebuilt 50,000km previously and runs very sweet, definitely has the full 139 horses from its mother, it's a very fast car. I have stripped out most of the interior, but it can always be put back. It needs a bit of work, and the bastard garbage truck destroyed the drivers side wing a few days ago, but apart from that, it would be a good solid base for a project if anyone's interested. I'm looking for 1500E.

My Polo is a 6n2 1.4 16v (101hp) in dark blue, lowered about 60mm over a set of 15" split rims with anthracite centres, it also has clear hella LED rear lights, and an unidentified (I haven't figured out what it is yet) exhaust, which sounds amazing, I've heard a lot of tuned exhausts in my life and this one just has a wicked deep rumble...one of the best I've heard...I wish I knew what it was...

I'm 28 years old, I work in Xalandri as a technical consultant to a large global corporation, I've been with my greek girlfriend for 5 years now (2 years in England, 3 years in greece).

Here's a picture of me looking a bit rough actually, after spending two days building the model in front of me (my other baby), it's an XRay XB8 1/8th scale pro level off road buggy...it does about 75kph, but it gets there in less than three seconds.

PC080029_640.jpg

Mk2 GTI???? U r a true Dubber! :baby:

Dont sell it! Fix it!

Nah, I've got plans to put a 20vt from an S3 into a mk2 Golf rallye and tuning it to about 330hp as my next project after the polo (maybe a corrado, I haven't really decided yet)...anyway, then it's bye bye impreza, bye bye S2000, bye bye 350Z... upyours.gif

Nah, I've got plans to put a 20vt from an S3 into a mk2 Golf rallye and tuning it to about 330hp as my next project after the polo (maybe a corrado, I haven't really decided yet)...anyway, then it's bye bye impreza, bye bye S2000, bye bye 350Z... upyours.gif

oh god!!!!! worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif

...I have stripped out most of the interior, but it can always be put back....

If you are willing to sell the complete stripped interior individually (front/rear recaro seats, black headliner, black floor and trunk coverings) of your gti I would be very interested in buying it.

good luck importing one of those in Greece

Edited by bit

If you are willing to sell the complete stripped interior individually (front/rear recaro seats, black headliner, black floor and trunk coverings) of your gti I would be very interested in buying it.

good luck importing one of those in Greece

Well, the interior isn't a recaro for a start, unfortunately, and most of it is in fairly poor condition. Only the rear (cloth) bench is worth having, and I'm gonna have to hold onto it really in case the next owner wants it...

As for importing...tell me about it...I've been though all the hoops...I wanted to get a corrado vr6 when I first came, then I found out what the tax is like for anything over 2.0...so then I thought G60...looked at the prices in greece and couldn't believe it. A cheap one was 7,000 and a good one 11,000. So then I started looking in Germany 'cos they are only 2000-3000 over there. When I asked about importing, they told me that I would not only have to pay a percentage of the sale value but also a percentage of THE ORIGINAL VALUE WHEN NEW!! Anyway, it worked out about 12,000, at least 1000 more than to just buy one.

However, I found a loophole, it just takes time...If I import one from Germany to England, it costs me about 70E, then I just keep it at my parents place in England for 6 months (7 to be safe), then I can bring it to greece, tax free as 'my own personal property'.

So, I reckon, when I decide to do it, it'll cost about 5000E and take 7 months...anyway, this is years away yet...

As for importing...tell me about it...I've been though all the hoops...I wanted to get a corrado vr6 when I first came, then I found out what the tax is like for anything over 2.0...so then I thought G60...looked at the prices in greece and couldn't believe it. A cheap one was 7,000 and a good one 11,000. So then I started looking in Germany 'cos they are only 2000-3000 over there. When I asked about importing, they told me that I would not only have to pay a percentage of the sale value but also a percentage of THE ORIGINAL VALUE WHEN NEW!! Anyway, it worked out about 12,000, at least 1000 more than to just buy one.

However, I found a loophole, it just takes time...If I import one from Germany to England, it costs me about 70E, then I just keep it at my parents place in England for 6 months (7 to be safe), then I can bring it to greece, tax free as 'my own personal property'.

So, I reckon, when I decide to do it, it'll cost about 5000E and take 7 months...anyway, this is years away yet...

Corrado is already a very expensive dub to maintain, if it additionally runs on a G60 then it will be a service queen :D! Cool car though, go for it.

You have pretty much covered what applies to import and register a vehicle in Greece and you are 100% right. Regarding your last comment about the loophole I think I heard of this (new) law during last year, not sure if it's already active.

Regarding your last comment about the loophole I think I heard of this (new) law during last year, not sure if it's already active.

Well, it's not actually a greek law...the law about importing vehicles into greece, is down to the greek authorities, and the EU can only fine thm for 'discriminatory tactics' which is exactly what they are doing, however, more money is being made on the imports, than is paid in fines, so it is still worth their while to continue this robbery...but, laws regarding human rights and personal property are DICTATED by the EU. Member states do not have a choice. It may be difficult at first, but when I threaten to take them to the EU court, they will soon back down...

Because of the fact that you also have english national status you might have a chance to register a new vehicle, for the rest of the greek citizens the options are limited.