DARKO

Αλαγη λεβιε ταχυτητων

Γινεται αλλα δεν ειναι τοσο απλο οσο φαινεται και αυτο γιατι υπαρχει ενα ελασματακι που βγαινει αριστερα για

τον λεβιε στα 140/170 και μπροστα στο gti που συνδεονται με το κουμπακι απασφαλισης και χρειαζεται λιγο μοντιφια και προσοχη για να γυρισει μπροστα διαφορετικα αν σπασει μπαινεις σε περιπετειες.

Βοηθαει φυσικα αν καποιος το εχει κανει και ξερει πως να κινηθει.

Υπαρχουν οδηγιες αν τις βρω θα τις ανεβασω.

Garage

NHN's Garage

Robin Reliant

Ok to update I started to mod this on, the mod is not for faint hearted & does require alot of patients & common sense.

The solution I used was heat to twist the plastic rod that was semi flexible already that stuck up & connected with the gearknob.

The problem is on non S3 stronic cars the button was at the side & the hole that the gearknob metal bar went into to pull the plastic rod upwards was also at the side, where as the S3 stronic has the hole through the rod from front to back, so we had to work out how to twist this rod round to be able to be used with the front facing button & metal bar.

So I pulled the plastic rod upwards, put something into the gear unit below to hold the plastic rod in place all the way up & then stuck a pair of plyers at the top ready to twist it round, got my soldering iron with a different tip that basically is a heating element & slowly heated the plastic rod & began to twist it round, now you have to do this very very carefully as to not burn the plastic to thin, cause it wont fuse thick enough again & just snap of.

So I slowly twisted round & then when in position, removed the heat, remembering to make sure it was completely straight so when the rod is dropped down again it doesnt get stuck & drops down into the gear unit properly, I also used my fingers to mould the still hot plastic round to form a nice thick twist as such.

Now me being uber anal about things breaking etc & its £250 for the part alone, I decided to strengthen the rod more with some epoxy round it & then when solid/dry would dremel it down enough to allow it to go up/down ok inside the gear unit & the new gearknob.

This is where I am currently awaiting the epoxy to harden then will finish of tomorrow, I'll update when gearknob is fully on etc, but here's some images as is, shows after the twist done, then epoxied & then the new gearknob taken apart & you can see the bar that slips into the rod & hole to lift the rod up when button is depressed.

Life's too short, make the best of it

Happy to help, but post a Thread not PM

So benefits everyone, then PM thread link

NHN

View Public Profile

Send a private message to NHN

Find all posts by NHN

#46 May 24th, 2009

NHN

Modmetractor Join Date: Jan 2008

Garage

NHN's Garage

Robin Reliant

Ok ladies did some more work, shaved the epoxy down as now solid & its alot more sturdy than even before the mod, lol, it does help to be anal sometimes for sure & it all fits & functions exactly as per original, now images show it in place, not all put back as got other mods to do on same area, but you get the idea, also it shows you the parts taken apart, you dont need to do what I did.

I needed to understand the mechanism before I could start modding to fit, as long as you do as I have on the gear plastic rod, then you should be able to just shove the gearknob straight on without taking it apart, but WARNING the new gearknob has a plastic rod stuck in bottom of it as shown, dont take this out or stick gearknob on until you're ready to fix it in place because the metal rod from above images in middle wouldnt go back to position without a customed tool that audi have anyway to pull it back down into install position.

The Following User Says Thank You to NHN For This Useful Post:

hatmeow (May 24th, 2009)

NHN

View Public Profile

Find all posts by NHN

#47 May 24th, 2009

NHN

Modmetractor Join Date: Jan 2008

Garage

NHN's Garage

Robin Reliant

Ok 99% finished job, twice, I was putting every back everything 1st time round & I caught the tip & snapped it of, how fecking pissed of was I, so I drilled out the core of both parts & stuck a nail down into each part & superglued & epoxied back together then dried then dremeled slim, voila works, god always happens to me, lol.

NHN

View Public Profile

Find all posts by NHN

#48 May 24th, 2009

Khufu

6th Gear Join Date: Jan 2003

εχεις δικιο, κατι συνεβη μαλλον, για να δω παλι!

Edited by KIRRA

το ξαναανεβασα αλλα παλι τιποτα. Οι φωτογραφιες που λειπουν ειναι σημαντικες.

καλυτερα μπες στο google και βαλε για αναζητηση 'dsg shift knob replacement' και θα βρεις οτι χρειαζεσαι ακομη και για αλλαγη με τον λεβιε του Α3 που εχει και το κουμπακι στα πλαγια οπως το δικο μας και ειναι και ομορφο.

Edited by KIRRA